The NWS SPC has issued a 30% day 4 outlook risk for portions of North Texas, mainly along the Red River and across parts of far Northwest Texas. The rest of the most of North Texas, including DFW is under a 15% risk at this time. Although this is still multiple days out, the models have been consistent in agreance that we may see a severe weather unfold across the region Tuesday afternoon and evening. I am not trying to sound any alarms just yet, but this does have the potential at this time to be a possible outbreak. This is not set in stone, however, and COULD possibly change.
I am not trying to cause panic or sound any alarms just yet, but I encourage everyone to remain weather aware and pay close attention to updates and forecasts as we near the event.
What to expect
- Greatest threat, during afternoon and evening Tuesday
- Atmosphere will be favorable for very large hail and tornadoes
- Forecast may be subject to change in the coming days
- All should remain weather aware and pay close attention to future forecasts and updates
- All should be weather aware on Tuesdsy